Monday 18 April 2016

Journey .....

This is my second post today...
I really want to participate in a challenge that is ending shortly....

 City Crafter is Celebrating their Sixth Birthday!
Their challenge is to CASE a card from the Design Team...
I have attempted to CASE Ros's card.....CASE Number 3
I am a big fan of her work and I think it's wonderful to get the opportunity 
to 'Copy/CASE' her card x
So here's my project.....
and Here is Ros's card......
My starting point was the mesh looking metal behind the image.
I die cut the the distress collage die from Memory Box to represent this.
The background has been blended with blue distress inks.

I was inspired by the die cut leaves, so using Memory Box leaf dies 
I cut them out of black card and vellum.
The flower is a two part die, also by Memory Box.
I die cut the line flower twice, to use as a stencil.
The embossing paste has glitter in it for a little bit of bling.
The background has been splattered with water.
After assembling the card I finished off by stamping 
the sentiment and popping on a few sequins.
The reason that I made a notebook was that I will be going on holiday in May 
and wanted a notebook to take with me.
I love the textural feel of it and I know it will get bashed around a bit but that's OK with me.

So glad I was able to CASE the card and make the notebook out of it...
Crafty Hugs x
Challenges I would like to enter my card into....
STAMPlorations - Never ending- Anything goes using their products
City Crafter - CASE me if you can
Memory Box - Anything but a card
AAA Cards - Anything Goes
STAMPlorations - Anything Mixed Media - Using a stencil







16 comments:

Marina said...

This is a great CASE - I can clearly see Ros's influence but also your own interpretation and I love the colours. Thanks for joining in at City Crafter. Marina DT

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Looks like you're on a roll again Mac and you'll definitely have the best looking note book on your holiday! The sentiment couldn't be more perfect for a travel journal. It's a wonderful CASE of Ros's card but still has it's own personal feel, I love it :) X

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

What a great CASE! LOVE your take on it! The addition of the vellum is inspired! Great design! Have a lovely evening! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Rahmat said...

What a beautiful notebook page, I love the blue here, and all the dir cuts. Such an incredible card Mac!

Sid said...

A brilliant bookcover project ! Loving the blue !!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh my... I absolutely adore this! It's perfect in every way and I'm so thrilled that you chose to CASE my card for your book cover... Thank You! and Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Chris Dring said...

Wow! What a gorgeous CASE! This is so pretty!

*Vicki* said...

Wow!! This is so stunning!! Such a fabulous CASE!!! :)

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Wow, that is gorgeous! Really great CASE and nice idea to make it into a notebook.

TK said...

Beautiful! Truly gorgeous! Great CASE of a great card...

Patti said...

Oh how I love this beautiful journal!! The colors are simply stunning!

Vacation!?! woo hoo!! so glad to hear it! Have a blast : )

Patti

Mac Mable said...

Remember I said it was my birthday...well that's my birthday treat x Thank you for your very kind comments x

Mac Mable said...

My pleasure to CASE you faublous card x

Loll said...

Gorgeous notebook cover Mac. Wonder interpretation of Ros's card. Love layering of die-cuts and the splashes of water. xx

Jill V said...

Very cool book cover Mac - I just love the colour combo and all those gorgeous layer! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards! Jill

Carol said...

A beautiful CASE Mac. Thanks for joining the STAMPlorations Mixed Media challenge this month. Carol DT x