Friday 29 April 2016

Thinking Of You ......

Today's Card.......
CASEing a card today over at STAMPlorations...
This is Donna's card...
I was inspired by the pretty colours 
and that the die cut feathers where interlocked to each each.
So with this in mind I made my card....
I used the stencil and blending inks for the colours.
I masked to achieve the interlocked idea that Donna had used with her dies.
I also loved that Donna had tipped the top of the feathers with colour, 
so I stenciled through the bird as a nod to her idea.
I finished off with the stamped sentiment and black splatters.
The splatters are quite small, as I wasn't brave enough to make them bigger,
as I had never used black ink splats before and they seemed so permanent and scary!
Thank you so much for popping by...
Crafty Hugs x
STAMPlorations Stencils and Stamp
Flutters and Splatters stencil-Some Birds Stencil-Trendy Feathers Stamp for the sentiment
Challenges to enter.....
STAMPlorations - CASEplorations - CASEing Donna's Card
Addicted to Stamps - Anything goes
STAMPlorations - Never Ending-Anything Goes - Using their products


22 comments:

Rahmat said...

It's a great CCASE of Donna'Donna's card. I like it very colorful.

Patti said...

OMGosh! are those birds!?! what a sensational image! and wowie!! you did a fantastic job CASEing Donna!

I feel the same way about the scary splatters heehee but yours are done to splatter perfection!!

Patti

Mac Mable said...

So kind Patti, thank you and yes they are birds...you might say that the birds are splattering!!!he he x

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Pure genius! Combining those splatters with those birds - amazing combo! And your splatters came out great - they just always work, don't they?!!! Great to see you linking up with us at CASEplorations! YOur cards are always a treat!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

This is a lovely CASE! Love the way you have the birds to represent the feathers! Have a lovely weekend! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

*Vicki* said...

Absolutely stunning!! I just love the beautiful rainbow colors and how you've interpreted the challenge!! So creative! ;) Have a great weekend!

Mac Mable said...

Now that's a very kind thing to say...Thank you x

Mac Mable said...

Thank you for stopping by and thank you for you lovely kind comments x

Mac Mable said...

So kind Vikki...enjoy your weekend too x

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Hi, just letting you know you won the random prize at Craft Stamper! Congrats! http://craftstamper.blogspot.com/2016/04/take-it-make-it-challenge-april-winners.html

Mac Mable said...

How lucky am I? Thank you so much for letting me know xx

Mona Pendleton said...

Such s pretty card! So fun and colorful!

Monika Reeck said...

Clever!!I did not think that is a bird
and the interpretation from Donna card is clever you did
I guess your card will be the winner on caseploration
Great idea and great card
Many thanks for joining with us at ATSM this time
Hugs
Monika (DT Member)

Ros Crawford said...

What a wonderful take on Donna's card! Love those sparkly stems and your clever blending!

Neets B said...

Such a clever case, would never think to use a stencil to case Donna's card but this looks great.
Thanks for playing along at ATSM this week, Anita x

baileyrosy.com said...

What a fabulous card Mac I love your beautiful watercolouring how clever of you to use a stencil so beautifully cased.

Marie

Julie B said...

A very ingenious CASE Mac, love how you made your 'feathers'.
Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM. :0)

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Mac, this is absolutely fabulous CASEing, smart and beautiful! Love your stencilling instead of die-cuts use. - Sweet Kobylkin

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

This is a fabulous CASE of Donna's card. I really like your use of colours and the birds add a beautiful finishing touch :) X

maria f. said...

Great to see how you were inspired by Donna's card! And splatters? Splatters are always good ;) Thanks for joining us at CASEplorations, Mac.

Kim M said...

A fantastic CASe of Donna's card! The splatters look great! Thanks for joining us over at CASEplorations!

BożenA said...

I love these cards, very colorful and style CAS. I admire the style of Cornelia from Stempel Spass, and now with you. I think that you very deservedly you win the challenge Craft Stampers. I congratulate and admire.
hugs,
BozenA