Wednesday 13 April 2016

Sorry I'm Late....

Today's' card......
I was a lucky winner at Tuesday Throwdown with this card-Thank you so very much x
I recently bought some Lawn Fawn cute stamps and a die, so I had a little play...
I started by using a wavy embossing folder for the top of the card.
 Next.. I stamped the flower, three times and then used white pigment ink
and water colours to colour them in.
I was going for the homespun look.
I die cut the pretty flower border twice so that I would get a hi-light of white behind.
The white stitches around the edge are free-hand drawn.
The rain/teardrops have been stenciled and then hi-lighted with perfect pearl powders.
Normally this technique is a lot more subtle but on the colour of the kraft card,
it was quite pronounced but still subtly shiny, which I liked.
The photo shows the mica/PP over the card but IRL it's only showing on the rain/teardrops.
I used the teardrops to emphasize the sentiment.
I finished off with stamping the sentiment.
Thanks for stopping by.
Crafty Hugs x
Challenges I would like to enter....
Lawnscaping Challenge - Use Beautiful Florals
Seize The Birthday - Birthday-Topping Option is Floral








Tuesday Throwdown - Use Die Cuts


19 comments:

Rahmat said...

What a coincidence, I also bought the same set, last month when I was in HK. I used it 2 days back to join the same challenge ☺ loving the use of white on kraft, great use of the stamps.

Patti said...

How sweet is this!?! love that little row of flowers! and the way your rain is only on the left! Sweet design : )

Patti

*Vicki* said...

What a stunning card here!! I just love your embossed row of flowers and the mica shining through it!! Really clever design! HUGS

Mrs A. said...

I love your homespun look. Those flowers are so pretty. I never think to use kraft card yet I have a large pile of it. hugs Mrs A.

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

This is so pretty! I love the way you coloured those pretty flowers and the duo coloured border is inspired, it has given it a 'shadowed' look! Have a lovely evening! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Brawny x said...

Fabulous flowers. Great design x

Ros Crawford said...

Loving that border! Wonderful card as always with your magic touch!

Mac Mable said...

Yes i loved your card using the stamps. Thanks for stopping by x

Mac Mable said...

Thank you so much x

Mac Mable said...

Always so kind, thank you x

Mac Mable said...

Yes I like using it. Thank you for your kind comments x

Mac Mable said...

So kind, thank you very much x

Mac Mable said...

Thank you x

Mac Mable said...

Ohhh so kind, thank you x

Suchi said...

This is a cool stamp set Mac! I also loved what you did with the card- really sweet! :)
Suchi xx

Pamellia said...

Stunning Mac!! I love the white outlined flowers, such a lovely way to go on the kraft background! Your die cut row of flowers with the white behind...genius!! LOVE IT! hugs :)

Loll said...

Adorable card Mac! LOVE the white stamping on kraft. The flower border die looks awesome with the white highlights. xx

Debi said...

Love how you did the die cut border twice. Great idea. Thanks for sharing this with us at Tuesday Throwdown Challenge. Good luck.
Debi TT DT

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

Very cute and I really like the colors. Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Throwdown challenge!

hugs,
Pam
TT DT