Monday 17 March 2014

Celebrate in Style

Pretty in Pink - Ribbons N Bows
Just my sort of colours.....
I was inspired by the challenges mentioned at the end of my blog to do this card.
I made lots of attempts at the background using Distress inks, stains and paints in various shades of Pinks.
I am quite new to this technique but love how they all turn out so differently.
Once I was happy with my background I stamped white flourishes and Pink Butterflies and there's a Pink 21 in there too, but it is difficult to see on the photo.
I stamped the Lady and The sentiment in Black Archival Ink.
I masked the lady's dress and sprayed a gold mica mist over the dress area, just to make it stand out a Little more and to add some sparkle.
I popped on a pretty black die along the edge of the card, a pretty Black Bow and a few Pink round sparkly embellishments.
Lastly, I made a sparkly heart and a distressed looking key out of UTEE and molds and attached them to the card.
I mounted the card onto a Black mount to frame the card and and then onto Smooth White card.
I loved doing the card and was really happy how it turned out, hope you like it too?


I now have lots of backgrounds to use on another day.
I love Pink and girly things and was pleased to see these challenges, which I knew I would really enjoy doing xx
I was inspired by the Allsorts Challenge - Pretty in Pink
and the Stamping Sensations Monthly Challange - Pretty in Pink
and the Crafty Ribbons Challange - Ribbons N Bows and have entered my card into the three challenges
Supplies
Rangers Distress inks, stains and paints in various shades of pink
Snow Cap white Pigment Adirondack ink

Rangers Black Archival Ink
Spellbinders die
Indigo Blu and Creative Expressions stamps
UTEE and molds that I made
Gold mica and water for the misting

Carfty Hugs xx

9 comments:

Gretha said...

Such an elegant card Beverly
Thanks for joining the Crafty Ribbons Challenge
x Gretha

Sarah said...

Gorgeous bold card Beverley, perfect for our Pretty In Pink theme! Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week x

brenda said...

A beautiful card, lovely background and elegant image Beverly.

Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts.

B x

Mac Mable said...

Thank you so much for you kind and generous comments, loved joining into the challenge x

Mac Mable said...

So glad you like it and very glad to have joined into your challenge, a first for me x

Mac Mable said...

So glad that it fits into the theme well. I loved doing the card and I just love pink, all shades of it x

Eret said...

Beverly, your card is awesome! Really beautiful background and lovely heart embellishment. Thank you so much for sharing your stunning card with us at Stamping Sensation. I hope you join us again.
Eret x

Mac Mable said...

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, very much appreciated and loved participating in your challenge. All this is new to me but I will be back xx

Mac Mable said...

Thank you so much for your kind comments. I loved making the card x