Monday 31 March 2014

Sorry...

Pink Rose
I was inspired by The Charitystamp Challenge Blog
for their monthly theme of 'Flower Power'.

To make my card I used masking and blending techniques with
Distress, Archival and Adirondack inks and the Rose Clarity Stamp.
I used the Clarity Sorry sentiment as I thought it went with my overall colours and theme.
After putting the card together I popped on some subtle glitter, using a pen, onto the rose and the sentiment.












I also embellished the card with white Glitter Stickles to represent
rain falling from the rose (and tears).

The pink and grey twine added balance to the card and the small shrink plastic rose was a nod to Barbara and her very funny blog video with her and Dean.
I hadn't tried this technique before and it is fun!

Loved doing the card
Crafty Hugs x

5 comments:

Yvonne said...

This is such a beautiful card Beverley. I love the sparkle and the touch of shrink plastic.
I'm glad you managed to get it into the Challenge in time. Good luck.

Emma Burns said...

What a very lovley card Beverley. I love the softness of the tones and the little shimmer here and there. I also love the shrinkie...I love doing them. Glad you posted in time too. Good luck in the challenge. xx

Mac Mable said...

Thank you so much for your kind comments, I enjoyed the challenge x

Mac Mable said...

Thank you for your generous comments. It's all new to me and I am loving it! Yes, I will be doing more of those fun shrinkies and will try and get my next card posted a little earlier next time xx Beverley x

Mac Mable said...

I unfortunately made this for a friend and she loved it..thanks for stopping by and for your lovely comments x Beverley x