Friday 28 March 2014

Grand Flower-Birthday Wishes

Negative Space
Update....I got a Retro Sketches Shout Out for Challenge 107 for this card...Ye Ha!!!!
I was inspired by the Retro Sketches challenge this week and thought I would make this card.


The challenge was to use the negative space of a die cut.
I began by cutting out my Grand Flower with my die out of kraft card.
I then stamped a large flower with Versa Mark and heat embossed
with gold embossing powder onto white smooth card.
I layered the negative space kraft card onto foam and popped bakers twine around it to balance the card.
I stamped the sentiment with archival sepia ink and hand applied white dots around the negative die cut to add a little more interest.
I loved the clean finish of the card and it made me think about
the possibilities of using negative space after die cutting.
Crafty Hugs x

2 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Oh I wish I could think up designs like this ... Fabulous!

Mac Mable said...

You are one clever lady and loving your work...very inspirational. I got a shout out for this and was so excited!!! x