Tuesday 18 March 2014

Peacock Feathers

Masking and Stamping
I initially masked off the top and bottom of the card by tearing a piece of paper randomly.
I used various colours of distress inks and blended them into the diagonal strip.
I stamped the peacock feather using the Big and Juicy Dye pad called waterfall and then the sentiment in Archival Cobalt Blue.
I mounted the card onto the turquoise card and then onto smooth white card.
I did numerous versions before settling on this one...hope you like it?

I enjoyed doing the masking and blending techniques and  was inspired by the following challenges and will be entering the card into them: 
MFT-My Favourite Things-Get Sketchy - 
http://www.mftstamps.com/blog/stamp-and-win-with-this-weeks-card-sketch-167/
and Simply Less is More - Mask or Stenciling
 http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/week-163-theme.html

Crafty Hugs xx

7 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, I thought I was cutting it close. I uploaded with only 4 minutes to spare and you came after me! :) :) :) Beautiful techniques Beverley!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Beautiful card Mable - love your choice of colors!

Mac Mable said...

Glad you liked it and thank you so much for your kind comments. Loved doing this new technique (to me) xx Thanks again, most appreciated x

Mac Mable said...

Yes I fussed around far too much and left it so close that I didn't link it properly and left the first 't' out of the link address of http://thesweetestofpeas.blogspot.co.uk/ so I am really glad you found me. Thank you so much for your kind and generous comments. I really enjoyed 'eventually' doing the card and the techniques. Hello from me xx

Anne said...

Beverly what lovely colours!
Thanks for taking the Less is More Challenge this week
Anne
(Guest commenter LIM)

Mac Mable said...

Thank you so much for for your kind comments, I very much enjoyed doing the card and joining in your challenge x

Mac Mable said...

All this is so new to me and I am loving it...thanks for stopping by x Beverley