Friday 30 October 2015

Stencils and More Stencils..........

Today's card is a mix of Stencils, embossing paste and more....
Using only their Stencils/Stamps
and this is my project for their Challenge.

I masked off the 'Wall Area' first with a torn piece of paper.
I used distress inks and blending for the background, through the large leaf stencil.
Because I wanted to only hi-light the three smaller leaves in gold 
I had to use an embossing pen and do them separately....took awhile.

I used black embossing paste for the wall, to give some dimension.
I free-hand drew the cracks in black to give the allusion of the wall breaking through.
I used clear embossing paste on the background leaf stencil to give some shine 
but by doing this it reacted to the inks and slightly altered them.
Some of the depth of colour was lost.

I stamped the small leaf and the girl image onto tissue paper, embossed in white and gold, 
cut them out and stuck them onto the wall with glue medium.
This was new to me and most of the tissue paper did disappear.
I wanted the white leafs to be a little more grungy, so hi-lighted them with a white pen, 
which gave a contrast to the shiny background.

This project took much longer than I thought and again learnt lots along the way
The photo below, hopefully shows the shiny background.
Crafty Hug x

16 comments:

carols handmade cards said...

Loving this the colour is so striking. Good luck in the challenge and thank you for entering. Xxx

crafty said...

I love this it's beautiful good luck in the clarity challenge xx

Lesley said...

Love the blend of colours you have used in your background. Good luck in the challenge x

Mac Mable said...

Thank you so much for your kind comment x

Vicki Dutcher said...

WOW! This is so stunning! The black center really grounds the card

Mac Mable said...

Thank you so much, really appreciate your comments x

Jomada-Dawn said...

This is very eye-catching.
Good luck in the challenge

Mac Mable said...

Thank you very much x

Angela said...

Gorgeous use of the stencils. Really stunning artwork as a result. Thanks for entering this month's challenge. Good luck x

Mac Mable said...

Thank you so much, loved the challenge and kind of you to comment so nicely, most appreciated x

Emma Burns said...

I love the rich colours of your lovely piece. Just wanted to wish you the best of luck in the challenge xxx

Mac Mable said...

That was so kind of you and thank you very much x

Mrs P said...

Beautiful work - Good luck to you in the Challenge this month x

Mac Mable said...

Thank you very much, most appreciated x

Ros Crawford said...

What a clever and effective design ... Wonderful creation once again!

Mac Mable said...

Thank you so much x