Saturday 24 October 2015

From our Family to Yours...

             Inchies, Sketch and Texture......
Here is today's card
I began by die cutting a hill die to use as my template.
I lightly brushed the upper part of the card with blue distress inks, using a moon mask 
and stamping the contemporary stitched clouds.

Still using my template I put on Snowflake paste by Finnabair to add texture to the bottom.
I added two more layers, building up the texture of the 'snow'.
I used a stencil and Sparkle medium for the spiky icicles and the shards of light 
from behind the cabins. I also thought they looked like contemporary trees?

Sparkle medium is semi-translucent and shows off the glitter beautifully.
The Snowflake paste is more of a milky white, dense and great for the texture.

One of the challenges was to use inchies or twinchies, which I had never heard of 
but I wanted to enter the challenge, so after the DT inspiration, researching and with the 
inspiration from the sketch challenge, I came up with three inchie cabins in the snow.
I really enjoyed making a mini scene within the one inch square.

I liked the clean area at the top and after several different ideas I stamped 
the sentiment directly onto the card and heat embossed in white.

I am entering the card into the following challenges
Used Inchies
and
and
To create something with lots of texture
I thought the texture of the vegetables resembled the Snowflake paste..The Snow
I was writing this post and saw the finished card under my light and thought 
it looked quite atmospheric, so took a photo to show you.
I enjoyed making this card and had fun.
Crafty Hugs x






21 comments:

Joan said...

Your card is beautifully made - so pretty and sparkly!! Love the inchie cabins! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday.

Ros Crawford said...

Oh this is so lovely!! I actually have that stamp and I was looking for it last week ... it's so small I still haven't found it!
Love the dimension with the light shining on your card! It really does look like snow!

Birgit said...

Wow, so much beautiful detail in these cards!! Thanks so much for joining the Happy Little Stampers October sketch challenge.

sue t. said...

Clever card! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers sketch challenge!

Mac Mable said...

Thank you for your kind comments x

Mac Mable said...

Thanks very much for stopping by...Had a little chuckle about not being able to find the stamps x Thanks fro your lovely comments x

Mac Mable said...

Thank you for your very positive comments, much appreciated x

Mac Mable said...

Thank you so much x

Toni said...

I love how this turned out! your texture is amazing--I love the icicles and snow. thanks for mentioning which products you used--I need to pick up some of the snow stuff for sure! Thanks for joining in the Great Impressions and Happy Little Stampers Sketch challenges!

Toni

Mac Mable said...

That's so kind of you to stop by and leave such lovely comments, thanks very much. Yes I see lots of uses for the 'snow' paste x

Mynn xx said...

This is AMAZING! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the fabulous texture and your awesome mix of challenges, too! It resulted in a gorgeous work of art! Thank you so much for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Mac Mable said...

Wow what lovely and generous comments, thank you very much x Yes loved how the challenges came together and it's great when you can take inspiration from each of them to make your creation! Thanks again x

Tanja said...

love all the texture on your card - thanks for joining us at the HLS October Sketch Challenge

Mac Mable said...

Yes this was a fun one to make. Thank you so much for your kind comment x

Donna said...

What a beautiful winter scene! I've never seen inches used like this and it is stunning. Like all your snowy texture. Thanks for joining us at House of Cards. Donna HOC DT

Donna said...

What a beautiful winter scene! I've never seen inches used like this and it is stunning. Like all your snowy texture. Thanks for joining us at House of Cards. Donna HOC DT

Mac Mable said...

Thank you so much, really had fun making this card and trying out the 'snow' paste. Thanks again x

Donna Nuce said...

Love your beautiful sparkle and the popped houses on your card. Thanks for joining us at the House of Cards Challenge blog.

Mac Mable said...

Thank you so much x

Birgit said...

This is such a beautiful winter scene! I love how the snow glistens. Thanks for joining the Happy Little Stampers October Sketch Challenge!

Mac Mable said...

Thank you so much, really enjoyed the challenge and making this card x