Thursday 23 June 2016

Fond Memories....

Hello...So good to be back x
I loved my relaxing holiday and no blog holiday.
I missed all the very creative projects around Blog Land so much and missed being creative.
Thank you so much for the very kind and generous comments about my absence, 
very much appreciated x

I was inspired by ......Inspired by All the Little Things to make today's card.
Many moons ago my husband and I took a trip to New York.
This inspiration photo instantly reminded me of Tiffany's and Diamonds!!!!
I saw the geometric fractured diamond in the flash bulb and the Tiffany Blue.
The photo at then end shows you what I got from my very memorable visit.
This is my card......
I started by covering white CS with Tiffany blue acrylic paint.
I then used a geometric stencil and silver embossing paste to represent the diamond in the photo.
The white sentiment is also a stencil and white embossing paste.
To achieve the circle and the camera image....
Die cut silver circles and layered.
The geometric shape within the circle has been achieved using the same stencil
and white gesso, sponged lightly onto the silver mirror card.
I stamped the camera, fussy cut and sentiment in blue archival ink 
and layered the camera up after lightly colouring it in....in blue Tiffany paint.
I really love how the diamond, fractured looked.
I finished off with glossy accents, diamonds, washi tape 
and more white embossing paste through a chevron stencil.
This is my gift from Tiffany's......
Yep a Tiffany mug and not a diamond!!!!
However.....I have the most fabulous memories of that trip.....
all captured memories in time xxx
I have loved this challenge, it has brought back the happiest of memories x 
Thank You
Crafty Hugs
x
Please excuse the photo of my card...it really is more like the the Tiffany Blue
in the inspiration photo and my mug in real life x
Challenges I would like to enter....
Happy Little Stampers - Dies - Anything Goes with Dies

The Heart Desires - Use one two or three elements
I have gone with the geometric shapes of the rectangles and the blue




21 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow this looks amazing! I just love all of the wonderful sparkle in this! Stunning details and so cleverly done! I have really missed seeing your creations! Glad you're back! HUGS

Mac Mable said...

Such a kind and generous comment...thank you so much...good to be back x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This looks amazing! I love the blue in the photo, but I can imagine the color you are describing. Very catchy look of this card.

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous card - love all the texture, sparkle and dimension you have on it, without it looking cluttered - thanks so much for telling us how you achieved that look - I smiled when I saw your mug, I must admit i was expecting something a little different :-).
Your break has obviously inspired you.
Blessings
Maxine
p.s. Thank you for following my blog

Karen Day said...

Wow! What a wonderful card - I love how the photo led you in the Tiffany's direction! Thanks for joining us at Inspired By All The Little Things this week :o)

Mac Mable said...

Thank you for that x

Mac Mable said...

Yes I was expecting a diamond too!!! Thank you for your kind comments x

Mac Mable said...

Loved joining in the challenge, thank you x

Ros Crawford said...

I'm a little late with my comments but I'm soooo glad to see you back and creating again. This is gorgeous ... Love how you achieved those diamond shapes... Fabulous!

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

I'm not sure how I missed this post Mac but it's good to hear that you enjoyed your holiday and that you've made some happy memories because that's what life's about. This would make make a fabulous masculine card and I can see that you've really put a lot of work into it. The blue and silver look fabulous together. I love your Tiffany mug too. It's good to have you back. Crafty hugs, Sandra X

Cara said...

Love all the texture, brilliant card. Is it wrong that I laughed when I saw the mug?! Cara x

Mac Mable said...

Glad you laughed too xx Many years ago maybe not...now it's funny x Thank you so much for stopping by x

Loll said...

Awesome card Mac. Love the silver glitter paste through the geometric stencil ... really does look like fractured diamonds. Fantastic design! xx

Toni said...

Very eye-catching card--love the blingy bits and just everything! Do hope you can join again in future The Heart Desires challenges!

Helen Gullett said...

Fabulous card! Love the design and color.
Thank You for playing along with HLS - Anything Goes With Dies this month!

tonyamaries said...

Beautiful card! You can never go wrong with Tiffany blue! Thanks for joining us at THD!

Patti said...

Eeeeeek! you're back and I've been missing all your creations! I have been so super busy I hope you will excuse my "group" comment!!

I just love your Tiffany mug and the card that it inspired : ) Great bling bling baby : )

Your faux bleaching technique is lovely! so you didn't really use bleach? wowie!! amazing Mac!

LOVE your spotlight Sunflowers and the sweet die cut "hidden" among the flowers. Great design!

I NEED some glitter EP!! Your butterfly card is really stunning!!

You are my mixed media guru Mac! I love the happy and bright look of your Happy Mail!

And finally congratulations on your STUNNING CASE of that beautiful card! I think I really need to CASE YOU! The idea of making the wreath of gold embossed flowers is beautiful!!

I hope it wont be too long before I'm back to blogging but until then you have a wonderful week!

Patti

~amy~ said...

Love reading how you were inspired...awesome card with texture and glam! Thanks for joining us at The Heart Desires!

The Sparkly Fairy said...

Love the modern feel to this card and the sparkle!

Thank you for joining us at HLS Anything Goes With A Die

wienerhoneymooners said...

Fantastic use of the image!!! So glad that you joined us at the Heart Desires challenge, and thanks for linking up to other challenges too! We have a gorgeous challenge just around the corner, you WILL want to stay tuned and check back July 6th!!!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

your textures are so fun and I am so glad you joined us at THD!