Saturday 2 July 2016

Stencil with Texture Paste

I was inspired by Papertrey Ink 
Make It Monday...Stenciling with Texture Paste.

I don't have a Papertrey ink stencil and as the challenge involved using a stencil 
I improvised so that I could still use their products.....

I usually colour my texture/embossing paste first but was keen to try this new method....to me.
This technique involved leaving the stencil on after using the paste and colouring it whilst wet.
This is my card............

I used one of their leaf dies as a stencil and cut out a flower image...
 
I cut out the line die leaf, sprayed with removable glue and popped them into the flower image.
I popped on opaque embossing paste and hoped that it wouldn't stick everything down.
Ashley used ink re-fillers but I used sprays as I don't have re-filler inks.
I dripped some out into a tray.
I had fun painting the colours on and as the paste was still wet it changed the texture of it, 
which I really liked. Normally it is smooth and I paint it dry.
I very carefully peeled off the card stencil and to my amazement it didn't stick 
and came up really well.
I cut out some gold line leaves with the die and when the paste was dry 
glued them over the painted embossing paste.
I finished by die cutting several layers and colours for the sentiment
and splattering with gold and black.
What was the difference with painting on wet paste............
I got a fabulous texture, like home made paper, the colours blended really well 
and the paint did not bleed underneath.
I will definitely be doing this technique again.
Thank you so much Ashley for the inspiration.
Loved joining in the challenge.
Crafty Hugs x
I will be entering my card into the........
Papertrey Ink

MAKE IT MONDAY #254: STENCILING WITH TEXTURE PASTE










19 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

What a wonderful card and technique! This is a new one to me and I must give it a try! Beautiful! Have a wonderful weekend! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Loll said...

AMAZING!! LOVE this design Mac ... great idea to use the leaf die to make your stencil. Love the addition of the gold outline and the black splatters. Fantastic!! xx

Marina said...

Really gorgeous - love the depth of colour you've achieved.

kiwimeskreations said...

Mac this is amazing!! Love your results, that is one stunning card!
The embossing folder I used on my Grunge card is a Stampin'Up Sizzex folder - sorry I can't remember the name of it, as it is one I have had for some years.
Blessings
Maxine

BożenA said...

OMG, it is wonderful! So cleverly done well yourself and your improvisation proved to be very effective. You are amazing. Your card also :-)
Hugs, have a nice Sunday,
BożenA

Mrs A. said...

Amazing. Love how you have made your own stencil up. Brilliant idea. The finished card is gorgeous and I love the colour. Hugs Mrs A.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

What a process - amazing results! LOVE how this turned out!!!!

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

This is gorgeous Mac and the greens and gold look so wonderful together. It's really kind of you to share your tutorial on how your card was made, so innovative and original. Crafty hugs, Sandra X

SmilynStef said...

Stunning design ... I love it.

Rahmat said...

Wow, this looks amazing, I love the design, very simple but I bet it took you some time to do it. Fabulous make,

Bonnie said...

This is amazing, Mac! What an awesome technique and I love how you adapted it to what you had on hand!

Ros Crawford said...

Brilliant!! Absolutely brilliant!

Cara said...

This worked out brilliantly, thanks for the technique sharing. Cara x

*Vicki* said...

Really love the gold texture paste!! Really stunning Mac! ;)

*Vicki* said...

Sorry, meant to say the gold overlay on the texture paste!! :)

Greta said...

You won the challenge in my book! I adore this card!

Shawna said...

I have this die and would have NEVER thought to use it in the way you used it.. Wonderful and artful.. the texture paste is wonderful with the gold inlay... I might just have to CASE this one.. Thank you so much for the inspiration.

Shawna said...

I have this die and would have NEVER thought to use it in the way you used it.. Wonderful and artful.. the texture paste is wonderful with the gold inlay... I might just have to CASE this one.. Thank you so much for the inspiration.

SewPaperPaint said...

This is so cool, thanks for sharing how you made it. I love, love the result!!!