Tuesday 29 August 2017

Oh Snap.......

Had fun with this one....
Today's card has been inspired by 
The Muse Christmas Visions Challenge where
Cornelia has provided four amazing cards as inspiration.
Today's card.......
Top left card......
My interpretation.....
I loved the rows of cookies on the tray, the kraft card, the washi tape 
and the little Christmas stocking that has been snapped!
Can you see it just below the tray?
I have used a stencil for the background and white embossing paste.
I choose only some of the rows on the stencil, so I had to do one row at a time 
and wait for it to dry.

My fun gingerbread has been fussy cut and hi-lighted with white nova drops.
The bits falling from the gingerbread should look like 'crumbs' !!!
It made me giggle when I saw the photos how I positioned them on the card.
I enjoyed making my own washi tape to look like Cornelia's.
The embossed white layer has been done with an embossing folder.

Thank you so much for finding time to stop by.
Crafty Hugs xx
Challenges I would like to enter....
The Muse Christmas Visions Challenge - MCV83 - Cornelia's cards as inspiration
Would love to join in at CAS-ual Fridays with my card - Colour challenge of Kraft and White.
Hope the black on the sentiment strip is ok?






16 comments:

Ardyth said...

Haha! The look on his face is adorable! Thanks for joining us at MCV!

Loll said...

Oh my gosh, this is so adorable ... and "sweet" (pardon the pun!). I love the expression on the gingerbreadman's face when his foot snapped off. :) xx

Jenni's Jems said...

Adorable card and love the 'crumbs':) and thebeautifully stencilled background x

Birgit said...

I really like this, a great card and fun too!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh my goodness what an amazing take on that card... I had to look hard to see the snapped stocking but your snapped gingerbread man is amazing!! I have to tell you that gingerbread men give me the heebie geebies but the expression on this one's face makes me really smile! Fabulous card and incredible work Mac!

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely brilliant card Mac, love the little gingerbread man and the sentiment is a hoot, Kate x

Stella said...

I think I see a winner; this is such a brilliant take. I love your stencilling and the gingerbread man is fab!
XX

SewPaperPaint said...

He is so fun and the design is perfect! Hugs, Autumn

Greta said...

Now that is one cute card & I love the dry embossing!

Anita in France said...

So cute and fun, Mac ... lovely Christmas-sy images ... and that gingerbread man is the crowning glory! He's just adorable with his brilliant expression, snapped leg and those perfect crumbs! You could link this up at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge too ... their theme is kraft and white! Hugs, Anita :)

Irit Shalom said...

What a great take of our CAS-ual Fridays color challenge!! Good luck!

Cara said...

Love the expression on your gingerbread man's face!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a Great fun card, love the sentiment LOL. Great to add the crumbs too, brilliant.
Faith
x

Lisa Mensing said...

Adorable! Thanks for playing along at Casual Fridays.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

This is so pretty! And funny!!!! Love it! Thanks again for playing along! Perhaps you'll be back this month? Would be fantastic!

Tasha Vovchuk said...

Such a fun and joyful card! Love it :) Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays.