Saturday 11 March 2017

Infusions Fun ........

Fun Fortnight playing with PaperArtsy Infusions powders...
I have always enjoyed playing with other pigment powders 
but I wanted to try The Infusions. 
I bought a few and have had so much fun trying them out.
I was inspired right from the start, from the first post with 
Shari Caroll using glazing mediums.

I will show you some of my efforts first.....
I used the Flower Head stencil, with the infusions powders, 
that where activated using clear gel.
Once the gel was dry I used different colours of Infusions, 
with lots of water for the background.
Gel was also used, in places through a circle stencil.
I added some micro beads and  more infusions which produced some fun results
as the colour seeped through the beads.
I used the circle stencil and clear gel again in some places to act as a resist.
I loved how the powders gathered around some of the edges.
I used acrylic paints and infusions for the flower heads.
Using  much less water to activate the infusions gave a very different look.
Clear gel again through the flower head stencil, micro beads 
and then painted over with acrylic snowflake paint, 
which gave a fun and different look to them.
Stencil....
With the stencil kept on, I activated the powders with water..
.The photo on the right.
Using the stencil I flipped it over to achieve the result on the left.
The photo on the right....Powder over the stencil, take it off and then lightly spray with water.
The photo on the left....Use Versamark to stamp the image, dust with the powders
and then lightly spray with water.
inspired by  Kim Dellow 
I have used the infusions through the stencil on the photo on the left,
 which was then activated with clear gel, which also seals in the powders.
After it dries sprinkle the infusions on the background and activate with water.
Swatches showing some of the gorgeous Infusions.
You get different results with different card,
 varying amounts of water, gel and glazes.
I wondered if I needed anymore pigment powders and I have concluded I do!!!
The infusions are different in that the walnut in them re-acts so differently
 every time and you can have so many creative,
 often surprising and fabulous results....
Such fun colours and an explosion of colour before your very eyes.
I have had lots of fun and learnt lots along the way.
I am going to do more layouts and pop them all into one book.
Thank you for stopping by.
Crafty Hugs x
I will be linking my layouts into the Paper Artsy Challenge - 
I have used Are You Cerise, Sleight Blue and Golden Sands Infusions 
for my experimental pieces x
http://blog.paperartsy.co.uk/2017/02/2017-topic-3-paints-with-infusions.html

21 comments:

Cathy said...

Wow Mac!! Awesome results. You are so adventurous in your experimenting with these powders, Cathy x

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

WOW! I am so impressed!!!!! Your cards are absolutely stunning! I have to play with my Brushos now - although they may be a bit different. what a cool idea to use clear embossing medium to activate the powder. Have to try this!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Wow, these are really neat. I am not familiar with the product, but I really love how you were able to get so many different looks. I really like the idea of stamping with versamark and then putting these infusion powders on them. It really looks cool. Thanks for sharing your experiments!

Etsuko said...

What a beautiful cards Mac!! I admire your both imaginations and great techniques and results. I love them. xx

Greta said...

What beautiful powders & unique effects! Your playing resulted in gorgeous projects, Mac!

Julie Lee said...

This is such an inspiring post! I really love the effects you got with the Infusions and that lovely stencil! xx

Ros Crawford said...

Where have I been ... I've never heard of infusions! Are they like Brushos? Whatever your samples are amazing!! Love the depth and dimension you've achieved ... Beautiful!

Craftyfield said...

You must have had plenty of fun during this extended testing! So interesting reading about your experiments, especially as I haven't tried many things yet with the Infusions. Many of these pages are brilliant just as they are and can be matted onto a card base without anything else (OK maybe a sentiment!). Thanks for sharing!

Marina said...

what a gorgeous mixed media look and the soft colours are lovely.

Lucy Edmondson said...

What brilliant experiments! Well done!

Hazel Agnew said...

Such great playing. Loving your experiments! X

Joan said...

Wow ! beautiful piece of art, love the step by step photos too

Joan

cuilliesocks said...

Wow Mac what a brilliant play you've had and with fab results, I love the colours and the gorgeous images, Kate x

rachel said...

wonderful work here - so many experiments - it really looks like you've had fun! Thanks for popping over to my blog too and leaving a comment. I really appreciate it! Hugs Rachel x

Diane said...

Wow the colors and technique are wonderful, your flowers are sure pretty. I have never heard of PaperArtsy Infusions powders but I will have to read up on it.

Hugs Diane

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

WOW! What a lot of gorgeous panels you have made here Mac! I can tell you had great fun and they will make some lovely cards, you should also think about framing some, they would look lovely on a wall! Have a wonderful week my friend! Luv n’ Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

SewPaperPaint said...

Isn't it fun (and messy)! What gorgeous results. Love your colors and blends. Hugs, Autumn

Stella said...

You have been on a rol and all your cards are stunning. Fab use of techniques and supplies. I am in LOVE with the first one you shared. WOW!
XX

Loll said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun playing with the infusions powders, Mac. So many great ways to use them. I learned a lot ... thanks for sharing! xx

kksb said...

Awesome!

Donna said...

These are all absolutely gorgeous. I have these powders, but not used as yet.
Fantastic job. xxx