Sunday 26 June 2016

Hello There......

Happy Mail......
Update...I was lucky enough to get an Honourable Mention for my envelope from Rubber Dance...Thank you so very much xx
I have been doing some mixed media today and getting messy....
Here is my envelope project.
I started by masking off the areas and then spraying three different colours
I have used a floral stencil on the left, with white gesso sponged through it.
This gave the envelope another layer of detail which I liked.
The grasses and fun flowers have been stamped in grey archival ink.
I lightly brushed water over the stamped images and blotted to take off some of the ink
and then painted with white gesso to give me a good base to colour over.
I coloured in with various acrylic paints, a black ink pen and white highlights.
The 'stamp' has been stamped with black ink, masked and then a butterfly stamped on top.
After stamping the background of the stamp I lightly popped white gesso on it 
and then finished by colouring in the butterfly.

Lastly I stamped the postmark and sentiments.
I was inspired by the colour choice and theme by the Rubber Dance Challenge

I had a lot of fun today and now need to make a card to put in it!!!
Thank you so much for stopping by.
Crafty Hugs x
Challenges that inspired my Mixed Media Envelope today.....
Rubber Dance Stamping - Colour Challenge with an optional theme of Flowers
You don't have to use their products but I recently purchased the fun flowers, some sentiments and grasses and was keen to use them.
You don't have to use their products either but I have used their new Gone Postal stamp set and Bloom Factory Flower Stencil
Stamps and Stencils - Floral Frenzy - This blog has the most fabulous inspiration and tutorials
Mixed Media Monthly Challenge - 2nd Anniversary - Fabulous inspiration here too x
I have chosen Challenge number 24 Blooms and Butterflies



22 comments:

rachel said...

gorgeous colour palette - wow - what a wonderful envelope! Thanks for joining the floral frenzy challenge at stamps and stencils this month! Hugs rachel x

Joyce said...

What a gorgeous envelope! I can only imagine what a treasure that would be to find in my mail box.

kiwimeskreations said...

Mac what a beautiful envelop - those colours together are some of my favourites from 'way back'... (like 45 years or so!!) Love your stamping and colouring over gesso.
Blessings
Maxine

Pamellia said...

Oh my gosh Mac, this is just amazing!! Loving your colours, you nailed that inspiration board! Such a unique design, there's a wonderful flow with your lines. I've never decorated an envelope before, but you may have inspired me with this fabulous creation!! LOVE IT!! hugs :)

Cara said...

If you look up the definition of happy mail in the dictionary that's got to be the picture that's in there! Guaranteed to cheer anyone up, brilliant. Cara x

*Vicki* said...

So colorful and happy mail indeed!! Who wouldn't love to see this beauty in the mailbox?! There's nothing wrong with getting a bit messy to make something fun!! I really love this idea!! :)

ionabunny said...

Beautiful. Love how you have used the colours and all those stamps combined together. The subtle background is lovely and the sentiments are perfect. A gorgeous creation. Thanks for joining the Rubber Dance challenge. Hugz

Ros Crawford said...

My jaw just hit the floor! This is really incredible! So very cleverly done and so very beautiful! You ought to frame It!

Loll said...

Gorgeous mix of colours and love your layering. Looks like you are having lots of fun with mixed media Mac. And we get to enjoy seeing your fun! xx

BożenA said...

Great mix media card. Miraculously he divided it into sectors through masking. Great inspiration, especially for me, because for me mix media are a big difficulties.
hugs,
BozenA

BożenA said...

Great mix media card. Miraculously he divided it into sectors through masking. Great inspiration, especially for me, because for me mix media are a big difficulties.
hugs,
BozenA

Tracy said...

Fab creation, thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Suchi said...

Oh My! What a great color combination and masking! LOVE it!! :)

Whisper said...

Absolutely stunning and what a great idea too, thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More this month, Luv Sam x

Bibi Lindahl said...

WOW, your envelope is stunning!!! Great idea how you've used gesso here... I have to remember that. Thank you so much for showing off my stamps in such a lovely way and for joining our June challenge at Rubber Dance ♥
That envie is a keeper, for the lucky recipient!

Mervi said...

Lovely creation!
Thank you for sharing at
Penny Black and more;-))m

Carol said...

This is such a pretty transformation, love it. Thanks for joining the Stencil Sunday Mixed Media Challenge this month. Carol DT x

Lynne Mizera said...

I would LOVE to get this in my mailbox and then I would create a canvas project with this lovely as the focal point! THANK YOU for joining us over at STAMPlorations for the June Mixed Media Challenge.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

A real WOW envelope!!!! A masterpiece indeed! So much work for an envelope - how the letter gonna look like??? Stenciling with gesso - I have to try this...thanks for the idea!

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

You can't beat getting messy Mac and I really like what you've created here. I like the colours that you've used and how you've sectioned them. I also like the way you've just picked out pieces of the flowers. This would definitely brighten my day if it fell through my letter box :) X

Rachel said...

what a great idea, to decorate the envelopes! looks fabulous! Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

-Rachel
rwkrafts.com

Ruth said...

A really pretty piece of mail art and in jewel like tones. Thanks so much for joining us at Stamps and Stencils. Ruth x