Recognition

Monday, 29 February 2016

Home.......




My first challenge........
Inspiration Image challenge......from Taheerah
I took my inspiration from the fabulous Art on the wall,
the Rose coloured glasses and champagne bottle.

I tried using my creative screening multifaceted stencil first, with embossing paste and acrylics.
Although it didn't work I had so much fun!!!
 I then tried some free hand art onto CS.
I loved the texture from the embossing paste and the acrylic paints.
I really didn't want to cut into it, but I did...
I have loads left as my original piece of art is a large A4 size.....
I used my cutaway Multifaceted die and inlaid the fall out bits back into the die cut.
I cut into the die as I felt the art was abstract and this made it even more so.
I used the cutaway die 'Home', initially from black card stock 
and then foiled it with Rose foil to represent 
the rose coloured glasses and the champagne bottle.
I lightly painted grey onto the white card to represent the grey walls on the inspiration photo.
The card is so textural, abstract and I thank Taheerah and her inspiration photo 
for taking me way out of my comfort zone and playing with 'Art'.
I had loads of fun on this one......
Crafty Hugs x
I am linking the card into......
Winnie & Walter Belated 2nd Birthday Bash - Month long challenges.......
Image Inspiration With Taheerah - I have used the inspiration Photo
Inlaid Die Cutting With Mayuri - I have used this technique for my card
Create Your Own Background With Gayatri - I loved making the background 'Art' piece
Popped the black die cut over the edge on the right hand side, left the left hand side with a black vertical line. To draw the eye from the left to the right......









14 comments:

  1. I like this a lot. The colours are gorgeous and you've taken the inspiration picture by storm. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so kind of you, thank you very much x

      Delete
  2. Nice, you have used the inspiration picture in a great way, very effective design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Moly! Brilliant work! Love the abstract painting and your cards are amazing ... Definitely winners!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very kind, thank you so much, you know I always appreciate your comments x

      Delete
  4. You cut into it!! Hahaha, I would have the same reservations, as your acrylic piece was so beautiful. BUT, your card turned out amazing so I think it was worth it! Love how you cut the small outline off the right side to guide the eye, I totally caught that. And, I like how you split up the cover plate to make room for the sentiment. All in all, a wonderful card! Thanks so much for joining my Off the Edge Challenge at Winnie & Walter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What lovely comments, thank you so much. Glad my new goodies arrived in time and loved joining in your challenges x

      Delete
  5. Absolutely stunning here!! You've really nailed that photo with the colors and I just love that foil wording!! Really stunning work!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki, always appreciate you positive and kind comments x

      Delete
  6. Groovy!!! Trust me, you won't want to put those goodies down. Those sentiment dies are fabulous for using with fun backgrounds. And I totally get "not wanting to cut it apart" ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so kind of you to stop by and leave such kind comments, thank you very much x

      Delete
  7. Perfect fit the card to the photo. Not literally, but I feel the atmosphere of the picture. Great card.
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for finding time to leave me a comment. I very much appreciate it x